All of the benefits of Copper Sulphate with none of the disadvantages
IC is a bacteriostatic algaecide containing Ionic Cupric Copper molecules (Cu2+) in a stable liquid solution. Ionic Copper penetrates and kills harmful bacteria, algae, fungi and viruses resulting in clean, safe water you can feel good about.
- Self-dispersing: no mixing required, saving time and money.
- Stable: can be stored outdoors and has a long shelf-life.
- Long-lasting: does not deteriorate or precipitate and remains active in water until consumed by microbes.
- Eco-friendly: does not bio-accumulate and is safe for human and animal consumption.
- Low dosage: effective at concentrations as low as 0.1ppm, decreasing transportation and storage costs.
Compared to conventional products, IC is easier to dose, is self dispersing, and remains stable and active for extended periods of time. Additionally, Ionic Copper does not bio-accumulate, making it an eco-friendly alternative that is safe for the environment and its inhabitants .
Treat ANY size body of water
IC can be used to fight on-going infestations as well as a preventative measure to control algae and harmful bacteria in any size body of water including; lakes, rivers, dams, ponds, reservoirs, tanks, and swimming pools. Ionic Copper is also beneficial for organic wastewater treatment and promotes environment-friendly sludge formation .
Copper is an essential trace element that is required for the function of many cellular enzymes in plants, animals and humans . The suggested safe level of Copper in drinking water for humans is 1.3mg/L (1.3ppm) but up to 30mg/L (30ppm) is non-toxic .
The dosage of IC used to treat an ongoing bacterial or algal infestation is 1mg/L (1ppm). As a preventative measure, IC can be applied at 0.1mg/L (0.1ppm), which is far below the permissible upper threshhold of 30ppm . This low dosage also has the added benefit of keeping costs down.